Glitzy Glamour Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity pattern 2692, view E (with modifications)
- Fabrics (refer to pattern for exact yardages):
- Ombre crinkle for overlay, blue green (double yardage if making 2 layers)
- Casa Collection satin, blue jewel
- Casa Collection lining, blue jewel
- Notions – per pattern requirement
- 3 – 4 pkgs Crystazzi olivine crystals
- Tulip Glam-It-Up cordless crystal & stud heat-setting tool
- Tulip Glam-It-Up crystal keeper
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing board
Note: Follow pattern with the following exceptions:
- Remove some of the skirt's fullness by taking 6" off both sides (pieces 8 and 9 from pattern). Repeat for lining.
- To create the crinkle overlay, cut 2 layers of skirt front and back (pieces 8 and 9) from ombre fabric.
- To create the crinkle overlay waistband, double the height of midriff pieces 6 and 7. Gather down to attach only in side seams over dress midriff pieces.
- To create floral embellishments, cut strips across the ombre fabric 1-1/2" wide. Cut strips into 1" sections. Pinch each piece in center to form loose flower and stitch to dress where desired. Bring needle to front of flower, add crystal to center, sew in place.
- Following manufacturer's directions, use Tulip Glam-It-Up cordless crystal and stud heat-setting tool to adhere additional crystals onto bodice.
- Sew beads onto midriff front as desired.