Glitzy Glamour Purse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Vogue pattern 8628, view B
- Casa Collection satin, blue jewel (refer to pattern for exact yardage)
- 1/2 yd Ombre crinkle fabric, blue green
- 2 – 3 pkgs. Crystazzi olivine crystals
- Clear tiger tail
- Beads in coordinating colors
- Crimp beads
- Crimp tool
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing board
- Reduce all view B pattern pieces to 55%. Cut out pieces.
- Using blue jewel satin fabric, make basic purse according to pattern.
- To create flower embellishments, cut 1-1/2" wide strips from the ombre crinkle fabric. Cut strips into 1" sections. Pinch each piece in center to form loose flower and stitch to purse where desired. Bring needle to front of flower, add crystal to center, sew in place.
- For purse strap, cut a piece of tiger tail 36" or desired length.
- On one end, place crimp bead, small bead and another crimp bead. Loop end of tiger tail back through all 3 beads leaving a small loop on end. Crimp beads to hold in place.
- Arrange beads as desired on tiger tail strap.
- To finish other end, repeat step 4.