Glow In The Dark Halloween Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- ½ yd. Glow-in- the-dark Halloween Fabric
- ½ yd. lining fabric
- ¼ yd. contrast Glow-in- the-dark fabric for handles
- 1 yd heavy weight iron on interfacing
- 1 pkg giant wiggle eyes
- Fabric glue
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing surface
o Two 14” x 17” from fabric and lining for bag
o Two 4” x 30” from fabric for handles
o Two 4” x 30” from interfacing
2. With right sides together, sew ½” seam on sides and bottom of tote bag.
3. Square off bottom by folding bottom seam to side forming a point. Measure down 2”
from point and stitch across. Trim. Turn. Press
4. With right sides together, sew lining following instructions for bag leaving an opening at
bottom for turning.
5. Square off bottom of lining corners.
6. Place lining over main fabric with right sides together.
7. Sew ½” seam around top edge.
8. Pull bag through lining. Sew opening closed
9. Iron interfacing to wrong side of handles.
10. Fold handles in half lengthwise and press. Open out and refold both edges to center,
press. Ending with two 1” wide handles
11. Measure over 3” from each side seam of bag and place marker
12. Place end of handle at this mark 2” down from top edge.
13. Sew around end of handle.
14. Repeat for back
15. Glue eyes to front.