Glow-in-the-Dark Spider Web
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 shuttle Black Memory Thread
- 3 skeins Light Effects Glow-in-the-Dark Floss
- Tropical Glow Light Effects floss pack
- Embroidery scissors
- Tapestry needle size 18
- 3 pairs googly eyes
- Embroidery hoop (any size)
- Fast-drying glue
- Soda can tab
- Scrap of orange fabric or orange felt to fit in hoop
1. Hoop the orange fabric & tighten.
2. Thread needle with Light Effects Glow-in-the-Dark Floss. Do not separate the floss strands.
3. Stitch 6 evenly spaced lines from the outer edge to center of fabric.
4. Start close to the center; stitch web in a spiral pattern, moving outward.
5. Wrap the soda can tab with black Memory Thread.
6. Make 8 spider legs by twisting a small piece of doubled Memory Thread. Adhere to spider with fast-drying glue. Adhere spider to web.
7. Randomly select positions for googly eyes. Glue in place.
8. Braid together 3 skeins of Light Effects floss – Glow in the Dark, Melon Blast & Blueberry Blast. Do not separate floss strands.
9. Glue braid to hoop, tie excess in a bow at top of hoop.