1. Cut a piece of fishing line 1 yard long. Create a 6-point snowflake by first creating a circle of beads: string 6 pearls and six 6mm metal beads, alternating. Go back through the first bead to make a loop. End with two strings coming out on either side of a 6mm metal bead. Tie a knot here.
2. Add the next row of the 6-point snowflake by continuing to string a 6/0 seed bead and then a metal rose bead, a 6/0 seed bead, and then go back through the next 6mm metal bead. Add these three beads (seed bead, rose, seed bead) six times to go around each 6mm metal bead in the original circle. End with the two strings coming out in the same spot. Tie a knot.
3. Without cutting the string, string a 10/0 seed bead, green pearl, 10/0 seed bead, green pearl, 10/0 seed bead, green pearl, 10/0 seed bead. Then take the string back through the 6/0 seed bead and the 6mm metal bead, the green pearl, and the next 6mm metal bead and the adjacent 6/0 seed bead, in a loop.
4. Repeat this step 6 times to add beads in loops to each point of the snowflake. End with strings together, tie off.
5. In the same way, continue to add more beads to each point of the snowflake. This row, add 10/0 seed beads, looping through the 10/0 seed beads strung in the previous row. End with strings together, tie off.
6. Repeat all steps to make 4 identical snowflakes.
7. Lay the first snowflake on the ornament in the center. Using a 6" piece of fishing line, go through the farthest-right bead that sits on the equator. Add a single 10/0 seed bead and use that to connect to the next snowflake. Tie off. Connect all four snowflakes together, as a band around the equator of the ornament, using four individual short pieces of fishing line and tying off each one.
8. To create the top of the woven netting, cut a new 2-yard piece of fishing line and string a ring of 8 plain 6mm gold round beads, making the ring the perfect size to fit around the ornament’s top hook. Go back through the first bead to create a ring and tie. Without cutting, string seed beads and pearls in the pattern according to the picture to make “arms” that will reach up to the tips of the equator snowflakes. Go through the top-most bead of the snowflake, then back down through the arm of beads.
9. Go through the next metal bead in the ring, and string another arm, connecting it to the snowflake and back down through the arm to the ring. Continue adding arms in this way until 8 arms have been added. Tie off line.
10. In the same manner, add arms to the bottom of the ornament, again starting with a center ring of beads and adding arms to connect to the bottoms of the four snowflakes.
11. Tie a gold ribbon to the top hole of the ornament for hanging.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>