Golf Accessory Bags
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yds. heavyweight fabric (Ultrasuede, canvas, denim, lined vinyl)
- 1/2 yd. trim (for Shoe Bag)
- 1/3 yd. trim (for Valuables Bag)
- 4-1/2 yds. lacing
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut two 9"x11" rectangles for bag. Cut two 5"x9" rectangles for pockets.
- Fold one 5"x9" rectangle in half lengthwise. Baste to other pocket rectangle. Stitch in 1/2" increments across pocket.
- Hem top 1/2" of pocket. Stitch trim to hemmed edge.
- Follow steps #3 through #8 for Shoe Bag to finish. Front pocket seam does not extend to casing. Start stitching at pocket unit top edge.
- Cut two 18"x19" rectangles for bag. Cut one 8"x19" rectangle for pocket.
- Hem top of pocket rectangle 1/2". Stitch trim to hemmed edge.
- With wrong side of pocket to right side of bag front, baste pocket to front.
- With right sides together and matching bottom edges, stitch bag's front and back together at bottom.
- Starting at bottom, stitch side seams together, stopping 2-1/4" from top. Backstitch to secure. Leaving 1" opening, stitch to top.
- Turn 1-1/4" hem at top, opening up side seam allowances. Stitch to form casing. Bar tack on either sides of casing openings.
- Turn bag. To form shoe pockets, stitch down center of bag starting at casing edge.
- Cut 3 yards of lacing, then cut in half. Thread lacing through casing, entering and exiting at same opening. Knot ends together. Thread second lacing through opposite casing opening. Exit through same opening. Knot. To draw bag closed, pull both knots.