SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® Moody Blues One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™
- White cotton tube socks
- Pompom tool kit
- Yarn in coordinating colors
- Plastic tablecloth
- Wire cutters
- Needle and thread
DIRECTIONS: For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash socks; do not use fabric softener.
2. Lay plastic tablecloth on a clean, flat surface and place damp socks on prepared surface.
3. Lay damp socks on plastic tablecloth.
4. Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill each dye bottle with water to lines indicated on bottles. Shake until dye is dissolved.
5. Tightly wrap rubber bands around socks as desired.
6. Apply dye to socks. Cover socks with plastic tablecloth and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color.
7. Thoroughly rinse socks in warm running water until water runs clear, then wash in hottest water suitable for fabric with a small amount of laundry detergent. Machine dry.
8. Use pompom maker and yarn to create toppers for socks.
9. Sew toppers to socks as shown.