Good Tidings Table Covering
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 yds fabric for bottom tablecloth layer
- 1 yd fabric for trim on bottom layer
- 3 yds vinyl for top tablecloth layer
- 1 yd fabric for trim on top tablecloth layer
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Dry erase markers
1. All seam allowances are 3/8” unless noted otherwise.
2. Top and Bottom Layer Trim: Cut 6” wide strips of fabric to equal all four sides for both of the top and bottom tablecloths. Add extra fabric for mitering corners.
3. Pin trim to the fabric tablecloth, mitering the corners. Sew the mitered corners then sew trim to tablecloth.
4. Turn raw edge under 1/4” and stitch, then turn again and hem at bottom of trim for clean finish.
5. Pin trim to vinyl tablecloth. Miter the corners.
6. Sew the mitered corners and trim to the tablecloth.
7. Turn raw edge of fabric in 1/4” and hem for a clean finish.
8. Display dry erase markers on table for interative fun.