Good Wood Mailbox
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV®:12"x12" Good Wood Printed Cardstock Stack6"x6" Burlap Stack
- Small metal mailbox
- Decorative tape or small strip of vinyl
- Decorative flower from personal collection
- Kraft-colored cards
- Bakers Twine
- 1/8" hole punch
- Scissors and/or paper trimmer
- Paper crafting adhesive
1. Cut a 5-1/2" x 10-1/2" rectangle from a print in the Good Wood stack. Adhere this to the top of the mailbox.
2. Cut a 5-1/2"x5-1/2" square from a sheet in the burlap stack. Adhere this to the bottom of the mailbox, overlapping the edges onto the print from step 1. Cover the seam where the burlap meets the paper with rickrack.
3. Trace the mailbox lid onto another print from the Good Wood stack. Cut out and adhere in place to the lid. Add rickrack around the contour and finish it off by adding a word cut from the stack. Add a strip of ribbon around the lip of the lid.
4. Adhere decorative tape or a small strip of vinyl to the edge of the mailbox, ensuring that the lid still slides in place.
5. Decorate the flag with burlap paper and another word cut from the stack.
6. Cut a set of triangular pennants from assorted prints in the stack. Punch a small hole in the top corners of each triangle. String the triangles together with baker’s twine. Tie a bow with another piece of baker’s twine between the triangles. Adhere the triangle banner to the mailbox.
7. Embellish the outside of the mailbox with a paper flower and additional words and embellishments cut from the prints in the stack.
8. Decorate the craft paper cards and envelopes with words and strips of printed paper from the stack. Tie the cards with twine.