SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® Red One-Step Dye™
- Tulip® Red One-Step Dye™ refills
- White cotton fabric, 2 yds per chair
- 2" wide black grosgrain ribbon, 1-1/2 yds per chair
- Plastic tablecloth
DIRECTIONS: For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash fabric; do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with a plastic tablecloth. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
3. Pinch the center of the fabric and pull up into a tube shape.
4. Place rubber band about 3" from the tip, then continue banding every 6" to 8" along length of fabric.
5. Wearing gloves from dye box, fill bottle with water to line indicated on bottle. Shake thoroughly until dye is completely dissolved.
6. Squeeze red dye generously in between banded sections. When color runs out, add a dye refill packet to bottle and refill with water. Shake thoroughly until dye has completely dissolved. Continue adding dye in between rubber-banded sections.
7. Cover fabric with plastic tablecloth to keep damp. Let set 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color.
8. Rinse fabric thoroughly in warm running water until excess dye is removed and water runs clear. Remove rubber bands at this time. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Machine dry separately.