Graceful Mantelpiece Arrangement
Supplies & Tools:
- 1 basic pine swag
- Block of wood or brick
- 9"x12" felt, Kelly Green
- 22-gauge cloth stem wire, dark brown
- 2 pine stems: glitter & light flocking
- Pine: long, graceful, light flocking
- Pine: heavy flocking, green with white
- White holly bush
- Tall silver branch
- 2 white magnolias
- White hydrangea
- Wire cutters
- Glue gun & glue sticks
Directions: Refer to photo.
1. Use the brick or block of wood as a counterweight for the swag.
2. Wire swag to brick or block. Glue felt to bottom of brick or wood.
3. If using on a mantelpiece, test Final in place before proceeding. Adjust as needed.
4. Begin arrangement with long graceful pine in lower right; allow it to trail.
5. Add pine stem with glitter and light flocking in lower right; allow it to trail.
6. Cut pine stem with heavy flocking into 3 pieces. Place center right.
7. Add pine cone piece center right; other pieces left side.
8. Cut holly stems from bush. Insert around focal area. Place spike around outer & lower edges of design.
9. Trim long stem from hydrangea. Trim 3 clusters off & place large head in focal area. Place another in the lower right & one high left. Add foliage.
10. Trim long stem off magnolia. Insert in focal area. Add foliage.
11. Trim & insert long silver branch into pieces.
12. Add ribbon for finishing touch.