Finished Size: 7-1/2”x8-1/2”x1-1/2”
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg Little Dress BoutiqueGracie 1 Yard
- 2 Little Dress BoutiqueGracie Fabric Quarters:
- Turquoise Multi Stripe
- Aqua Chevron
- Lightweight fusible interfacing: 1/4 yd
- Removable marker
- Rotary cutter, acrylic ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- 2 – 8½”x10½” (bag lining)
- 2 – 8½”x6½” (pockets)
- 1 – 3”x26½” (strap) Turquoise Multi Stripe:
- 2 – 8½”x8½” (pocket linings) Aqua Chevron:
- 2 – 8½”x10½” (bag front and back) Interfacing:
- 2 – 8½”x7-1/4” (pockets)
Multi Large Dot:
- Pockets: Sew a Turquoise Multi Stripe pocket lining to a Multi Large Dot pocket along an 8½” edge with the stripes running at right angles to the seam. Press seam toward the lining. Fold pocket with wrong sides together, matching short ends and bottom corners to form a 1” wide band at the folded edge; press fold firmly. Make two.
- Open and place pockets wrong sides up on pressing surface. With corners and 8½” edges aligned, place interfacing with adhesive side down on seamed end of pocket unit. Fuse in place according to manufacturer’s instructions. Fold in half wrong sides together matching corners and edges; press well. Topstitch 1/8” from each long edge of band. Repeat for the second pocket.
- Bag: Place pockets on Aqua Chevron bag front and back. Align bottom edges and side of pocket with each bag piece. Pin in place then baste sides and bottom edges of pocket to bag pieces.
- Place bag front and back RST; sew sides and bottom seams leaving the top edges open. Note: Match ends of band pieces along the side seams. Leave bag as sewn and remove basting stitches.
- Box the bottom corners by matching the side seam to the bottom seam; pin. Measure 1” from the tip and draw a line from edge to edge; sew on the line. Repeat for the second corner then trim seams to ¼”. Turn bag right side out.
- Strap: Fold Multi Large Dot strap in half lengthwise with wrong sides together. Press well to form a center crease. Open strap out flat with wrong side up; fold each long edge to the center crease and press well. Fold in half to make a ¾”x26½” strap and stitch close to the folded edges on each side.
- Fold short ends of the strap in half to find the centers; mark. On right side of bag, pin the ends of the strap to the top edges of bag matching the center marks to the side seams. Sew securely in place. Turn bag right side out.
- Lining: Place Multi Large Dot linings RST and sew sides and bottom seams, leaving a 3” opening at the bottom seam for turning. Press seams open. Box corners as in Step 5; leave lining as sewn.
- Place bag inside lining RST. Align side seams and match top edges. Sew the top edges together with a ¼” seam.
- Turn bag right side out through opening in lining. Stitch opening closed. Push lining inside bag so that the seam is at top edge of bag; press well then topstitch ¼” from the top edge of the bag.