Graduation Candy Bars
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper & cardstock
- Ribbon & embroidery floss
- Paper trimmer/scissors
- Glue stick
- Pen/marker or computer generated message
- Wrap each candy bar in scrapbook paper - not cardstock - just as you would wrap a gift. Secure paper with tape.
- Create a band of paper and/or cardstock to wrap, allowing the first paper to show on the ends. Write or print message then secure around candy bar with tape.
- Decorate with ribbon, stickers, photos, etc.
- The papercrafting aisles have thousands of products to help you develop your theme.
- To wrap the candy bar, look for patterned paper with prints for graduation or sports. If their career goals include the military, use camouflage paper. Make an outer wrap with cardstock in school colors, personalizing the paper with print, handwriting or another patterned paper to continue the theme.
- To personalize even more, use mini frames, cardstock tags or metal rim tags with the graduate's picture glued on.
- Tie on the framed pictures along with word tags or other charms with ribbon, embroidery floss, chain or decorative cord.
- Use themed stickers for additional embellishment, getting as creative as you want.
Graduation Candy Bars is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Theresa from Great Alternative! I have been making candy bar wrappers since my son was in 4th grade (he's a Jr. in college now). I have made thousands. The candy bar companies are now make a 1 piece wrapper, so I have not been able to replace the removable wrapper. This is a great way around that! Thanks a bunch!
Date published: 2007-10-25