SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies: Roll-Out Cookie Recipe (available on Joann.com) 12" Rolling Pin Cookie Sheet 10"x16" Cooling Grid Parchment Paper Cookie Icing: White or Black Wave Standard Baking Cups: White or Black Standard Muffin Pan 9" Angled Spatula White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4-1/2 lb. Tub 12" Disposable Decorating Bags White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Black Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Golden Yellow Icing Color Decorative Press Set (three-hole insert used) Brush Set
- Plastic ruler
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
1. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Use knife to cut cookies into square, 3"x3". Bake and allow to cool completely. Position cookies on cooling grid placed over parchment paper. Cover cookies with cookie icing. Tap grid gently to release bubbles. Allow to dry.
2. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Fill cups halfway. Bake and allow to cool completely. Use knife to trim crowns if necessary.
3. Use spatula to lightly ice top of cupcakes. Cut parchment circle to fit over top of cupcake to keep icing from sticking to serving plate.
4. Turn cupcake bottoms up. Use decorator icing and a cut disposable decorating bag to pipe dots to attach cookie to cupcake.
5. Tint 1/4 oz. white fondant yellow for each cupcake. Use decorative press set with three-hole insert to make strands. Cut six pieces, each 1-1/4" long. Reserve remaining strands. Press six pieces together at top of cookie to form tassel. From reserved strands, cut a single strand for cord, 1-1/2" long. Use decorator icing and a cut disposable decorating bag to pipe dots to attach tassel and cord to top of cookie. Cut another strand, 1-1/2" long, and wrap it around the top of the tassel for knot. Use damp brush to secure. Use white or black fondant to roll 1/4" ball. Use damp brush to attach to cord and press lightly to flatten.