SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam™ brand foam:
Three 1"x12"x36" sheets
- Scrapbook paper
- Ribbon: various sizes/styles in school colors
- Ribbon: 1" black
- 3/4" pearl head/specialty pins
- Acrylic paint in school colors
- Wood star shapes: various sizes
- Paint pen or chalk, white
- Dimensional fabric paint, white
- School pictures: kindergarten to senior year
- Styro Cutter® Plus
- Low-temperature glue gun
- Black marker
1. Use a black marker to draw a stencil message on the top half of one of the foam sheets. For example: Congratulations, Way to Go!, You Made It, or another personal message of choice. Follow the Styro Cutter® Plus package instructions carefully to cut out the stenciled message. Tip: It is important to trace the stencil exactly for letters with a center; e.g. “O”, “P”, etc.
2. Paint the top half of the stenciled sheet any desired color. Be sure to get inside the cut edges of the letters. Let dry. Outline the letters with white fabric paint and let dry.
3. Completely cover the fronts of the two blank foam sheets and the bottom half of the stenciled foam sheet with black paper, using low-temperature glue to secure in place. Glue black paper to cover the back of the stenciled letters. Glue 1" black ribbon around the outside of each foam sheet to finish off the edges.
4. Pin 2½"x 3½" kindergarten – 11th grade pictures evenly spaced across the bottom half of the stenciled sheet. Use the white paint pen or chalk to write K to 11 above the corresponding picture and “Senior Year” at the top of another board. Use this sheet for senior year accomplishment photos. On the last board, place pictures of fun memories, sports, friends, etc.
5. Paint the wood stars in school colors and let dry. Pin assorted sizes and colors of ribbons across the front sides of the boards to frame in the images and add color. Glue the wood stars to the boards. For dimension, layer 2 or 3 stars on top of each other.