SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Grande™: 5 (6, 7, 7, 8) balls, Currant
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 10 mm [US 15] 29" (73.5 cm) circular needle
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- GAUGE: 7 sts = 4" (10 cm); 12 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Garter st (knit every row). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- 6 Super Bulky Red Heart® Grande™, Art. E826 available in solid color 5.29 oz (150 g), 46 yd (42 m) balls
- Special Stitch
- kfb (Knit into front and back) = Knit next st but do not remove from needle, knit into back loop of same st and remove from needle.
- Back is worked, back and forth in rows, in Garter stitch (knit every row).
- Border is worked in 1x1 Rib worked in rounds.
- Without binding off, the back is folded and stitches are picked up across the cast-on edge to begin working the border in rounds.
- There is no top or bottom to the finished piece. Insert arms into openings on sides of back. Border will fold around back of neck to form collar. Front of border can be worn open or pinned with a shawl pin or brooch.
- Round 1 (right side): Knit one more row of back, fold piece in half to bring cast-on edge up to needle, pick up and k1 st in each cast-on st—56 (64, 72, 80, 88) sts. Place marker to indicate beginning of round. Prepare to work in rounds.
- Round 2 (increase round): Kfb in each st around—112 (128, 144, 160, 176) sts.
- Round 3: *K1, p1; repeat from * around.
- Repeat last round for 6" (15 cm) or desired length.
- Bind off loosely.
- Weave ends.