Granny Square Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Patons® Classic Wool™ Worsted Yarn, 1 skein each: Natural Mix (A), Cognac Heather (B), Passion Heather (C)
- Crochet hook size H/8 [5 mm] or size for gauge
- Tape measure
- Measures 8" x 59" [20.5 x150 cm] excluding fringe
- GAUGE: Motif = 3-1/2" [9 cm] square.
- Motif: With Color 1, chain (ch) 4. Join with sl st in first ch to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 3 [counts as dc]. 2 dc in ring. (Ch 1. 3 dc) 3 times in ring. Ch 1. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.
- Rnd 2: Join Color 2 with sl st to any ch-1 space (sp). Ch 3 (counts as dc). (2 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in same ch-1 sp as last sl st. [(Ch 1. 3 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in next ch-1 sp] 3 times. Ch 1. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.
- Rnd 3: Join Color 3 with sl st to any ch-1 sp. Ch 3 (counts as dc). (2 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in same sp as last sl st. *3 dc in next ch-1 sp. (3 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * twice more. 3 dc in next ch-1 sp. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.
- Make 17 Motifs, using A as Color 1, C as Color 2 & B as Color 3.
- Make 17 Motifs, using B as Color 1, C as Color 2 & A as Color 3.
- Join Motifs in 2 strips of 17 Motifs per strip, alt colors.
- FINISHING: Join C with sl st to any corner ch-1 sp of Scarf. Ch 1. Work 1 sc in each st around, working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
- Fringe: Cut 18" [45.5 cm] lengths of each color. Hold 2 strands of each color tog; knot fringe evenly spaced along top & bottom of Scarf. Trim fringe.
- alt = alternate
- beg = beginning
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat
- sc = single crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- sp = space
- st = stitch
- tog = together