Grapevine Wreath Topiary
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Two 18' grapevine wreaths
- One 8' grapevine wreath
- Decorative metal container, 13' tall
- Pkg. floral wire
- Pkg. brown floral tape
- 2 wood dowels, 36' x 1/2'
- 3 peony stems
- 3 hydrangea stems
- Small floral stems, 3 each of 2 coordinating colors
- 3 berry stems
- 10 assorted stems, 2 each of 5 different textures
- Rocks or sand to weight down container
- Wire cutters
- Glue gun and glue sticks*
* Only use glue gun with adult supervision
- Unwrap one 18' wreath and the 8' wreath. Set wreaths aside.
- Push the wood dowel rods through the wrapped 18' grapevine wreath at bottom going through the top. The dowels will rest towards the edge of container.
- Place the dowels with the wreath into container. Wreath should rest on the top of container. Dowels need to extend through the top to anchor the upper wreath.
- Fill container with rocks or sand to approx. 1' from top of container.
- Cover several floral wires with brown floral tape.
- Refer to photo often for help in placement of floral stems and how to spread the grapevines.
- Using 18' unwrapped grapevine wreath and wire cutters, cut one complete circle from the outside of wreath. Attach the circle to the front of the 18' wreath in container using the brown covered floral wires in several places.
- Spread 8' wreath so it becomes larger and add the remaining 18' grapevine to make a smaller wreath approx. 16' in width. Secure the wreath using brown covered floral wire. Push this wreath through the dowels at top of 18' wreath. Secure both wreaths on top of each other using brown covered floral wire.
- Place large peony in center of wreath where the 2 wreaths are joined together. Place one hydrangea towards the back, slightly higher than peony.
- Position the smaller flowers as well as the different textures, according to photo.
- Place large peony on the bottom wreath towards the back approx. 4' to 5' below the upper wreath.
- Place 2 hydrangeas in front of the bottom wreath, one resting over edge of wreath and container and one inside against the wreath.
- Fill in remaining floral stems according to photo.
- Secure all stems using glue gun.
- Cover any area of the wood dowels that are exposed with leaves from flower stems.