Gretchen Hirsch Easy DIY Tool Roll
SUPPLIES & TOOLS::
- 1 (17”-by 15”) main fabric (Cherry Print Fabric – Cotton Poplin)
- 1 (17”-by-15”) lining fabric (Grey Chambray w. Red Polka Dots)
- 1 (17”-by-15”) fusible fleece (fusible batting)
- 2 (15”) piece twill tape
- Iron and ironing board
- Sewing pins
- Gridded ruler
- All-purpose thread
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Fusing the lining to the fleece using an iron. Transfer to a flat surface, fleece-side down.
2. Center 2 (15”) strips twill tape along 1 short side. Top with main fabric; pin edges leaving 3” pat at the top.
3. Sew along the edges using 1/2” seam allowance, leaving the gap unsewn. Snip excess fabric from all 4 corners.
4. Turn project right-side out through the gap. Push out corners and iron flat.
5. Fold up bottom 4” along long side; pin to secure. Sew along the side and top edges (not the bottom) using 1/2” seam allowance.
6. Measure and mark your desired pocket widths. Sew pockets from the bottom up, backstitching at both ends to secure.