SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Makes 1 of each medal
- Dritz® Home 1-9/16" Grommets: Copper, Brushed Silver & Brass
- 1-1/8 yard each of 7/8" satin ribbon: Green, Blue & Yellow
- Sewing machine with zipper foot
- Basic sewing supplies
- Snap front and back of each grommet color together.
- Cut 3-1/2" piece of ribbon for medal loop. Fold both ends of ribbon under 1/2" to the wrong side. Pin and baste.
- Cut 1 yard piece of ribbon for neck. Make a small pleat at both ribbon ends so they are about 1/2" wide.
- With wrong side of medal ribbon loop up, align both neck ribbon ends with raw end of one of the folds. Be sure there are no twists in the ribbon and both sides are right side up. This will allow the ribbon to lay flat around the neck. Baste.
- Thread medal ribbon loop through center of grommet. Align folded edges of loop and pin. Be sure to enclose the raw edges of the neck ribbon within the loop.
- Stitch 1/4" from fold on medal ribbon loop and through all layers. Stitch a second row close to edge of folds.