Hairpin Lace Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Boye hairpin lace tool
- Boye crochet hook, size J/10
- 3-oz worsted weight or 3-1/2-oz bulky weight yarn
- Tapestry needle
- Optional: decorative buttons, pompoms, fringe or tassels
- Set posts of hairpin lace tool to 4" width.
- Follow hairpin lace tool package directions for making hairpin lace. Work 1 strip with 140 loops on each post or until desired length.
- Fasten off strip by drawing yarn through last stitch.
- With tapestry needle, weave in ends.
- Shake scarf lightly to allow it to twist around.
- If desired, finish by attaching decorative buttons, pompoms, fringe or tassels to each end to provide gentle weight to scarf.