Haley Infinity Scarf
Finished Size: 8 1/2”x40”
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg Little Dress BoutiqueHaley 1 Yard
- 2 Little Dress BoutiqueHaley Fabric Quarters: Fuchsia Multi Stripe
- Rotary cutter, acrylic ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Read all instructions before beginning project. Do not pre-wash fabrics. Use a 1/4” seam allowance and sew fabrics with right sides together (RST) unless otherwise noted. Backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam to secure stitching. Before cutting, press fabrics with a dry iron on cotton setting.
Dark Pink Trellis (Fabric A): 2 – 9”x40½”
Fuchsia Multi Stripe (Fabric B): 2 – 9”x20½” from each Fabric Quarter
- Place Fabric A pieces RST and pin along one short edge. Sew together making one long strip; press seam open.
- Place two Fabric B pieces RST and pin along one short edge; sew together. Repeat with remaining pair of Fabric B strips. Sew these two pieces together along one short edge to make one long strip. Press all seams open.
- Place the two long pieces RST together and pin along long edges. Beginning ½” from one end sew the two strips together, stopping ½” from the opposite end. Repeat to sew the other long edge.
- Turn tube right side out through one open end and press well with seams running along long edges.
- With Fabric B facing up, press the cut edge of one short end ½” back toward the right side. Repeat on opposite short end of the Fabric B.
- Check that the fabric is not twisted then fold the tube in half matching the right sides of the Fabric A cut edges; pin together. Check that the Fabric B is folded back from the pins. Using a ½” seam allowance, sew Fabric A short ends together. Press seam open.
- Press one short end of Fabric B flat and lay over the Fabric A seam.
- Fold the remaining cut edge of Fabric B ½” to the inside and press. Neatly hand stitch the folded edge in place.
Finished Care Instructions: Machine wash gentle cycle in cold water. Tumble dry on low or hang to dry.
Items in This Collection