Halloween Cake with Painted Black Cat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- 6"x2" Decorator Preferred™ Round Pan
- Three-Tier Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb. Tub
- 6" Cake Circle
- White Decorator Preferred™ Fondant (37 oz. used)
- Icing Colors: Ivory*, Black*, Red-Red*
- 13" Angled Spatula
- Roll-N-Cut Mat
- 20" Fondant Roller
- 20" Fondant Roller Guide Rings (orange used)
- Fondant Trimmer
- Fondant Smoother
- 5-Pc. Decorator Brush Set
- 4-Pc. Halloween Grippy Cookie Cutter Set (cat cutter used)
- Favorite cake recipe or mix (6 ¾ cups batter used)
- Small bowl
*Combine Ivory with Black for ivory shown. Combine Black with Red-Red for black shown.
- Make layered cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake three 6" cake layers and allow to cool. Level, torte, fill and stack layers on cake circle for 3-layer cake, 6" high.
- Cover cake in fondant. Tint 36 oz. fondant ivory and 1 oz. black. Use spatula and decorator icing to ice cake lightly. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out ivory fondant 1/8" thick. Cover cake with ivory fondant.
- Paint fondant accents. Use small bowl to mix black icing color with red icing color and water. Use brush and diluted icing color to paint various sized streaks on cake sides, starting at top edge of cake and pulling color down the sides. Continue around cake.
- Make black fondant cat. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out black fondant 1/8" thick. Use cat cutter from set to cut shape. Use damp brush to attach cat to side of cake.