SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Aleene’s® Fabric Stiffener and Draping Liquid
- Disposable plastic gloves
- Plastic tub
- Plastic fork
- Masking tape
- Bottles: 1 tall and 2 short
- 2 yds cheesecloth,
- Two 1/2" wiggle eyes,
- Felt scraps: orange, purple
- Plastic wrap or trash bag
1. Cover work surface with plastic wrap or trash bag.
2. Fill bottles with water. Position bottles using taller for body and placing smaller bottles at sides for arms.
3. Inflate balloon to desired size for head. Tape balloon to top of tallest bottle.
4. Cover all three bottles with plastic wrap.
5. Pour entire bottle of stiffener into plastic tub. Fill emptied bottle with water and add to tub. Thoroughly mix with plastic fork.
6. Open cheesecloth to a single layer. Fold into thirds lengthwise.
7. Wearing plastic gloves, insert cheesecloth into stiffener and press so cheesecloth absorbs mixture. Work with cheesecloth until saturated.
8. Carefully open cheesecloth to the three layers then gently drape over bottles. Fold and crease cheesecloth until it resembles a ghost, referring to photo for position. Let dry 24 hours. Carefully remove from bottles.
9. Cut two ovals of orange felt for eyes. Glue wiggle eyes onto ovals. Let dry.
10. Cut a larger oval from purple for mouth.
11. Glue mouth and eyes on cheesecloth.