Halloween Fabric Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Phoomph™ Soft, 2 sheets - Black
- Coordinating fabrics - 5 -12 different colors in 3” x 9” strips
- 12” Styrofoam™ wreath
- Jumbo ric-rac
- Decorative straight pins
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Ruler or tape measure
1. Remove protective paper from one side of Phoomph™. Place sticky side up on a flat surface. Lay a variety of 3” x 9” strips of coordinating fabric onto the adhesive side. Press and smooth with hands. Approximately 12 strips are needed.
2. Cut strips of fabric out.
3. Remove protective paper backing from the other side of the strips and wrap adhesive side around Styrofoam wreath. Continue to do so overlapping fabric pieces by 1/4"-1/2” to make sure wreath form is completely covered.
4. To make flower petals, cut a remaining fabric covered strip into 3” squares. Remove the paper backing from square. Fold in half – adhesive side to adhesive side creating a rectangle that is 3” x 1-1/2”. Fold the top right corner in to meet the bottom mid-point, then repeat with the top left corner. This forms a triangle with a seam down the middle. Turn the triangle over so there is no seam on the front. Using hot glue gun bring bottom right corner into center and secure then the bottom left corner into center and secure. It will look like an open envelope. This completes one petal. Repeat with scraps for a layered flower affect.
5. Layer petals and add feathers and jumbo ric-rac to create a flower. Attach to fabric covered wreath with hot glue and decorative straight pins.