SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 branches
- Black spray paint
- Cardstock: orange and patterned black and white
- Alphabet stickers
- Black Foamies®
- Silver twist ties
- Black thread
- Fiskars® spring punches (3 sizes) and protective mat
- Paper trimmer
- Pinking shears
- Zots™, large
- Circle template
- Assorted clear containers
- Bags of Sixlets® candies, assorted colors
1. Trim 3 small branches to desired shape and spray with black paint.
2. Spiders: Trace two 1" circles on black Foamies®. Cut the first out along the line with scissors; cut the second outside the line with pinking shears.
3. Place two Zots™ on the scissor-cut Foamies® circle and lay 4 twist ties across it to form 8 spider legs. Place two more Zots™ on the pinking shear-cut circle and stack it on the first circle, sandwiching the twist ties between.
4. Punch two eye holes (regular punch size) and one thread hole (mini punch size) on the circle stack. Bend the ends of the twist ties for feet, then bend at the center for knees. Make 3; set aside.
5. Tags: Cut 3 tags from orange cardstock and attach the letters to spell "EEK." Mount on patterned black and white cardstock and trim to make a border. Punch a large hole at the narrow end of the tag and a mini hole near the bottom corner.
6. Insert black thread through the hole in the spider and the hole in the tag and tie on at desired length.
7. Push a twist tie through the large hole in the tag and curl it to secure the tag. Curl the other end and hang over the spray painted branch. Secure the twist tie to the branch with a Zot™ to keep it in position.
8. Layer different colors of the Sixlets® candies in clear containers. Insert the branches.