SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4" clay pot
- Large flat brush
- Small detail brush
- Craft paint: black, orange, yellow, green, royal blue, white, purple
- Water/paper towels for clean up & newspaper to protect work surface
- Foam sheets: purple, black, white
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Base paint each pot depending on the character:
- mummy - all white
- witch - green pot with black rim
- bat - all black
- spider - all black
- sugar skull - all white
- Add faces, on the pots. Draw the face on first with pencil, paint it on with a detail brush.
- Once all the paint is dry spray to seal in a well ventilated area.
- Cut out embellishments from the foam as listed below:
- mummy- cut white strips to wrap around the pot to add dimension to the mummy.
- witch- create a cone out of black foam to make the hat, secure with hot glue (do not glue the hat to the pot, this one will be removable to add treats.
- bat - cut out wings and ears for the bat out of purple foam
- Glue the embellishments onto each pot with hot glue.
- Bend pipe cleaners into legs and cut off any excess. Glue to the pot, just under the base with hot glue.