Halloween Ruffled Tote Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Feltables Lime Green Project Tote
- Feltables Frankenstein Felt Appliqué
- 9"x12" orange soft felt
- 9"x12" black soft felt
- 9"x12" purple soft felt
- Beacon Fabri-Tac™ permanent adhesive
- 14" of 15mm purple satin ribbon
- Marking pencil
- All-purpose thread: orange, black & purple
1. Cut two 2"x12" rectangles each from the orange, black and purple felt.
2. Using the coordinating thread colors, sew a straight stitch 1/4" from the edge of the 12" side on each of the rectangles.
3. Pull the needle side of the thread to create ruffles for each of the rectangles and then knot the thread.
4. Using the picture as a guide, glue the ruffled rectangles in three rows from the bottom of the tote bag.
5. Glue the purple satin ribbon on the top edge of the orange ruffle and trim the edges as necessary.
6. Peel and stick the Frankenstein appliqué in the middle of the tote bag.