Halloween Torso Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18" FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam Torso
- Design It:® Simple Style® 10" Decorative Mesh: Light green, orange, black
- Black acrylic paint
- Purple glitter
- Jeweled spiders & web scrapbook embellishments
- 15" black candlestick
- Floral pins
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Paint the torso with a base coat of gesso. Allow to dry.
- Paint the entire front of the torso with black paint. Cover the wet black paint with purple glitter. The paint will act as an adhesive and secure the glitter as it dries.
- Repeat Step 2 for the back of the torso. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut five 10" lengths of each color mesh.
- Fold in the two opposite corners of a mesh square to meet in the center of the square. Pinch and gather the mesh where the corners meet to form two pointed corners extending from a pinched center. Fold the mesh in half at the center.
- Pin the fold to the waist of the torso with both pointed ends pointing downward.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6, alternating colors around the waist.
- Cut an 18" piece of light green mesh; roll the length to 1" diameter.
- Pin the rolled mesh around the top of the pinned mesh squares to conceal the pins.
- Glue spiders & web embellishments to the form as shown in the photo.
- Display on the candlestick. Secure with glue.
Halloween Torso Decor is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Katt from Creativity with mannequins I wish this was a year round product! I bought each size around Halloween and fancied them up for my mannequin collections! Please bring them back before next Halloween!
Date published: 2015-12-31