SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cello bags
- Candy: green and purple
- Black lace paper
- Ribbons: black, orange, green, purple
- Orange cardstock
- Black pen (or computer)
- Hole punch, large
- Paper trimmer
- Double-sided tape
- Glue stick
- Small cylinder, such as a paint bottle, as form for rolling cello bag
- Eyelet and tools for inserting
1. Cut a rectangle of lace paper the size to roll around the cylinder form with the solid black border overlapping the cut edge slightly. Set aside.
2. Cut the cello bag open along the end and along one of its seams, and lay flat. Position the small cylinder form at the middle of the front edge of the cello bag and begin rolling into a tube. Before you reach the end, attach a strip of double-sided tape at the far end and attach the solid edge of the lace paper to it to align with the approaching form. Cover the solid edge with another strip of tape, and continue rolling the cylinder, securing the edge. The lace paper will be between layers of cello.
3. With the form still inside the cello, tie off one end of the tube, just beyond the lace with ribbons, using the photo as a guide. Remove the form by shaking it out the open end. Fill the tube with candy, and tie off the second end with ribbon. Trim ends of cello and ribbon with scissors, if too long.
4. Create a tag with your message. Embellish the tag with some of the lace pattern glued on. Punch a hole, insert an eyelet, and tie onto one of the ribbons.