Hand Embroidered Art Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yard printed fabric
- Interfacing (optional)
- 9” embroidery hoop
- 14" pillow form
- Embroidery needle
- Perle cotton thread
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
1. Cut fabric into one 15" square and two 11" x 15" rectangles.
2. Cut a 10" square of interfacing.
3. Place interfacing and fabric into embroidery hoop.
4. Hand-embroider as desired. Tip: use a printed fabric and follow the outline of the print.
5. Hem one long edge of each rectangle by folding under 1/2", pressing, folding under additional 3/4", pressing, and top-stitching.
6. With embroidered square right side up, place rectangles right sides together, aligning raw edges, so that hemmed edges overlap, and pin.
7. Stitch around raw edges with 1/2" seam allowance, back-stitching at end to secure.
8. Trim corners and turn right sides out.
9. Insert 14" pillow form.