SupplieS & ToolS:
Felt: 1/2 yard for body, 1/4 yard or felt sheet for each body detail color
1-2 skeins embroidery floss
1 small package fiberfill
Hand sewing needles
Felt-tip pen or marker
Book: Sewing For Children by Emma Hardy (optional)
1. Cut out the robot pattern pieces.
2. Trace provided robot pat ern onto 2 pieces of overlapping felt with the felt-tip pen. Pin the layers together and cut
out with scissors, making sure to cut through both layers.
3. Cut a length of floss and thread the sewing needle. Starting with a few smal stitches to secure the end of the floss
in place, sew slip stitch al the way around shape. Leave an opening of about 2". Remove the needle from the
thread and remove the pins.
4. Fil robot with fiberfil , pushing it into any corners. Re-thread the needle and sew up the opening using the slip
stitch. Finish with a few small stitches to hold the floss in place. Trim the floss.
5. Cut out shapes from the felt and pin them in position. Cut a length of embroidery floss and thread the needle.
Starting with a few stitches to fix the floss end in place, sew on the felt shapes with backstitch or running stitch.
Sew on eyes with floss.
more projects, tips & techniques at JOANN.com
Created by JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores
Skill Level 1: No Experience Necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 3 hours
Please read and follow all manufacturers instructions for all tools and materials used.
Provide adult supervision if children participate in this project.
2012 JOANN Stores, Inc.