Handmade Charlotte r- Mug and Plaque
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FolkArt® Handmade Charlotte™ Stencils –Frames
- FolkArt® Enamel Paint: Pure Orange, Yellow Citron, Violet Pansy
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint: Pumpkin, Yellow Citron, Violet Pansy, Wicker White, Turquoise
- Stencil tape
- 3/4" Spouncer Set
- Stencil brush – 3/8"
- Ceramic mugs
- Wood canvas panel
- Brush basin or water container
- Foam plates
- Paper towels
- Rubbing alcohol
- Tracing paper
- Fine grit sandpaper
- 3/4" flat brush
1. Wash mugs with mild soap and water. Dry and wipe with rubbing alcohol alcohol.
2. Select desired frame and letter stencils. Trace on paper to create a placement template.
3. Work with one stencil and enamel paint color at a time. Tape stencil in place. Load a spouncer with desired color and begin stenciling using a straight up and down dabbing motion until entire area is painted. Remove stencil; allow paint to dry before continuing. Repeat until design is complete.
4. Refer to FolkArt Enamel bottle for curing instructions.
1. Basecoat plaque Wicker White using 3/4" flat brush. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and apply a second coat of paint. Allow to dry.
2. Work with one stencil and acrylic paint color at a time. Tape stencil in place. Load a 3/8" stencil brush with paint; blot on paper towel. Use a straight up and down dabbing motion to stencil. Allow to dry.