Handprint Giraffe Plaque
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Rectangular wooden plaque
- Paints: Blue, Yellow (opaque), Brown, Green, White, Black
- Spray varnish
- Sawtooth hanger
1. Paint the plaque blue. Apply as many coats as necessary for good coverage. Allow to dry. Lightly sand the edges and wipe away dust. Attach saw tooth hanger to top back.
2. Paint child&'s palm with opaque yellow paint and press onto the plaque. Allow to dry. When the paint is dry, add the neck and head. Draw a brown branch. Allow to dry.
3. Add grass and tree leaves with fingers dipped in green paint.
4. Add giraffe spots with fingers dipped in brown paint.
5. Add White dots for eyes, using the handle end of a brush. Allow to dry. When dry, add smaller black dots to eyes, and eyebrows. Dot on brown nostrils and ossicone tips.
6. Have the child paint his/her name and age at the bottom of the plaque. Allow to dry.
7. Spray with varnish to protect. Allow to dry.