Handprint Snowman Gift Jar
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
FolkArt Multi Purpose Paint- Wicker White, Pure Black, Apple Red, Aqua, Gold Mettalic
Doodle Loom Pompon maker
2 small mason jars
Red and white yarn
2 wood ornaments shapes
#10 flat brush
Small liner brush
Hot glue and glue sticks
- Following directions on Pompon maker, make 2 small pompons.
- Wash and dry mason jars, rub with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
- Paint the bottom 1 ½” of jar with Wicker White. Paint the top 1 ½” with Apple Red. Let dry
- Wrap middle of jars with yarn as shown- Use hot glue to secure the start and end of yarn.
- Paint wood ornaments with Wicker White and let dry.
- Leave bottom white and paint ornament with Aque,paint top with Gold Metallic, let dry.
- Brush Wicker white onto first 3 fingers of child’s hand and press onto shape as shown, creating group of snowmen. Let dry.
- Add eyes, mouth and buttons with liner brush and Black, Let dry,
- Mix 1 part Gold to 1-part Red and paint carrot noses.
- Paint scarf with Red.
- Add names with Black and small liner brush.
- Allow to dry then tie ornaments around each glass as shown.