Hanging Fabric Map
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fabric map panel
- 1 yd light- to medium-weight cotton
- Marking pen
- Dowel rod
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface
- Measurements include a 1/4" seam allowance.
- Cut 2 strips of fabric 38"x4" for side border.
- Cut 2 strips of fabric 44"x4" for top & bottom border.
- Fold strips in half so that width is 2". Press.
- With right sides together and edges even, pin and stitch 44" strips to top and bottom edges of map. Press border out and seam allowance toward the border.
- To make casing clip the top edge of border on back of map 1/4" on each side. Clip into the bottom edges at back of casing 1/4". When stitching the side borders do not catch the backside of casing in stitch line.
- Open out short ends of side casings. With right sides together and edges even, stitch the short ends 1/4". Clip corners and turn right side out. Press.
- With right sides together and edges even, pin and stitch border to map panel at sides. Do not catch backside of top casing in stitch line. Press border out and seam allowance toward border.
- Insert dowel rod through casing at back of map panel. Tie ribbon to ends of rod and hang.