SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
FOR 16”X30” HANGING GARDEN: Suitable for planting herbs or small
• 3/4 yd outdoor fabric for back panel
• 1/4 yd outdoor fabric for box pleat planter
• Two 36” dowel rods
• Basic sewing supplies
• Sewing machine
• Heavy-duty sewing machine needle
• Acrylic paint
1. Cut back panel 20”x34”.
2. Fold sides under 1” and press. Fold under 1” again and press. Edge stitch
hem. Repeat for other side.
3. For top and bottom dowel rod casings, press under 2” on top and bottom.
Press raw edge under 3/8” and press. Edge stitch 11⁄2” from folded edge.
Repeat for other side.
4. Cut one dowel 291⁄2”. Paint dowels and allow to dry.
BOX PLEAT PLANTERS
1. Cut four 7”x12” pieces from planter fabric.
2. Hem one 12” edge of each rectangle, turn under 1/4” then 3/8” and press.
Stitch 1/4” from edge.
3. Press under 1/4” on sides and bottom of each piece.
4. To make box pleat planters, fold one piece in half. Lightly press center;
with chalk or pins, mark out every 2” from center. (See diagram) Fold “A”
to center, then “C” to “B”; repeat with other side. Press. Repeat for
5. To keep pocket shape at the top of each fold, stitch top 3/8” in through
hem, then back stitch. (See diagram)
1. Pin planter in place on back panel.
2. Keeping front free, edge stitch sides; for added strength, stitch again close
to first stitching. Lay front flat and edge stitch along bottom; for added
strength, stitch again close to first stitching.
3. Insert dowel through casing; plant and hang.
FOR 13”X24” HANGING GARDEN
• Use 1 yard of outdoor fabric for back panel and 1 dowel.
• Follow above directions making 3 pots and cutting back panel 17”x28”.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>