SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
FOR 16”X30” HANGING GARDEN: Suitable for planting herbs or small
• 3/4 yd outdoor fabric for back panel
• 1/4 yd outdoor fabric for box pleat planter
• Two 36” dowel rods
• Basic sewing supplies
• Sewing machine
• Heavy-duty sewing machine needle
• Acrylic paint
1. Cut back panel 20”x34”.
2. Fold sides under 1” and press. Fold under 1” again and press. Edge stitch
hem. Repeat for other side.
3. For top and bottom dowel rod casings, press under 2” on top and bottom.
Press raw edge under 3/8” and press. Edge stitch 11⁄2” from folded edge.
Repeat for other side.
4. Cut one dowel 291⁄2”. Paint dowels and allow to dry.
BOX PLEAT PLANTERS
1. Cut four 7”x12” pieces from planter fabric.
2. Hem one 12” edge of each rectangle, turn under 1/4” then 3/8” and press.
Stitch 1/4” from edge.
3. Press under 1/4” on sides and bottom of each piece.
4. To make box pleat planters, fold one piece in half. Lightly press center;
with chalk or pins, mark out every 2” from center. (See diagram) Fold “A”
to center, then “C” to “B”; repeat with other side. Press. Repeat for
5. To keep pocket shape at the top of each fold, stitch top 3/8” in through
hem, then back stitch. (See diagram)
1. Pin planter in place on back panel.
2. Keeping front free, edge stitch sides; for added strength, stitch again close
to first stitching. Lay front flat and edge stitch along bottom; for added
strength, stitch again close to first stitching.
3. Insert dowel through casing; plant and hang.
FOR 13”X24” HANGING GARDEN
• Use 1 yard of outdoor fabric for back panel and 1 dowel.
• Follow above directions making 3 pots and cutting back panel 17”x28”.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.