Hanging Tulle Tent
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18“ round wreath form
- 20 yards of lightweight tulle
- 2 yards of 1“-2“ wide ribbon for tie backs
- 3 yards of 1/2“ ribbon, string, or rope for hanging
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks (optional)
1. Cut tulle into 8 separate lengths, 2-1/2 yards each.
2. Gather the short end of a piece of tulle together by hand so that it is neatly scrunched and easy to handle. Wrap this gathered end of the tulle piece around the wreath form just until it folds back on itself. Sew the wrapped edge onto itself or use a non-sew product such as hot glue to secure.
3. Continue gathering and wrapping each length of tulle and secure evenly around the wreath form. Shape the tulle to hang down from the wreath form in a circular shape. Leave an opening for the front of the “tent“.
4. To hang: Tie three, 1-yard lengths of 1/2“ ribbon or rope at three equidistant points around the wreath form. Tie them in a knot at the center above the wreath form. Hang from a hook or tie.
5. Once the tulle tent has been hung, tie a 1“-2“ wide piece of ribbon into a bow around the pieces of tulle to each side of the front opening.
6. Use stakes or weights at the ground to hold the fabric draped as desired or let the tulle blow freely.