Happiness Is Layout
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Prairie Kraft thickers
- Wooden tree embellishments
- Thick natural jute
- Thin green jute
- Thin natural jute
- Green & teal buttons
- Light Kraft cardstock
- Dark Kraft cardstock
- Tan cardstock
- Brown cardstock
- Green cardstock
- Teal cardstock
- Cream cardstock
- 5“ x 7“ photo
- 1-3/4“ circle punch
- 1/16“ hole punch
- Foam dots
- Liquid adhesive
- Die cut machine (optional)
1. Use light Kraft cardstock for background.
2. Punch a 1/16“ hole in each corner, about 1/4“ away from corner.
3. Wrap green jute through holes and around page to create a frame.
4. Use a die-cut machine or free-hand cut a single strip of chevron design (about 1“ thick).
5. Use the pattern to cut chevron strips: 2 cream, 2 dark Kraft, 1 brown, 1 teal.
6. Layer the chevron strips onto green paper – from the top down so there is a large green block at the bottom, and trim the entire sheet to 11“ square.
7. Use the liquid adhesive to add jute along the top and bottom of the aqua chevron stripe.
8. Center the green piece on the light kraft background.
9. Punch 3 large (1-3/4“) circles from brown cardstock and two from dark kraft cardstock.
10. Add wooden trees and buttons (threaded with natural jute) to each circle.
11. Arrange the circles over the chevron designs and adhere with foam dots.
12. Wrap rope/cording around photo and tie.
13. Attach photo to bottom portion of layout using foam dots.
14. Add thickers for title and journaling.