SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint -- Hot Pink
- FolkArt® Extreme Glitter -- Turquoise
- Mod Podge® Dimensional Magic
- Mod Podge® 8oz Matte
- Darice® 4-1/4" wood cutout letters to spell out “Happy Birthday"
- One spool Offray® 3/8" ribbon -- Dippy Dot
- One spool Offray® 3/8" grosgrain ribbon -- Island Blue
- Scrapbook papers, 1 sheet each of four prints
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- 1" flat brush
- #1 script liner
- Fine sand paper
1. Lightly sand all the edges of the letters. Basecoat with Hot Pink.
2. Trace the letters on the backside of the paper, flipping the letters backwards to make sure they are right side when cut.
3. Cut out letters.
4. Apply a coat of Mod Podge® to the back of the papers and adhere to the correct letter. Gently press the edges and allow to dry.
5. Apply a top coat to the front of the letters.
6. Apply the Dimensional Magic to the darker green stripes on the paper and lay flat to dry.
7. Using the tip of the liner brush apply random dots of Turquoise Extreme Glitter to the blue paper.
8. On the flower paper, add a thin coat of Turquoise Extreme Glitter to the blue flowers. Apply the Dimensional Magic to a few flowers.
9. Hot glue the letters to the rope leaving a few inches in between each. Cut 6" pieces of the two ribbons listed and tie in knots between the letters.