Happy Birthday Jungle Boxes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Round paper mache nested boxes
- Foamies® Marshmallow Jungle Animals
- Folk Art® paint: Licorice, Pure Orange
- Americana® paint: True Ochre, Heritage Brick
- Green chenille bump stems
- 7mm googly eyes
- Wood craft stick
- Unfinished wood number &"1"
- Assorted small pom-poms
- Extra fine gold glitter or gold glitter glue
- Markers: gold, brown & black
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Baker&'s twine
- Orange Foamie® Sheet
- Mod Podge®
- Sponge brush
1. Paint large box Pure Orange, medium box True Ochre and small box Heritage Brick. Paint the craft stick with Heritage Brick. Paint the #1 with glitter glue. Allow items to dry.
2. Assemble the Foamies® Marshmallow Jungle animals as instructed on packaging. Use markers to add detail to animal bodies.
3. When boxes are dry, draw lightly in pencil a series of loose, random lines up and down on the orange box and random blobs on the gold box. Fill in the lines with Licorice black paint for the zebra design and Heritage Brick for the round blobs in the giraffe design. Use a sponge to stipple the surface of the small box with True Ochre paint. Allow to dry.
4. Glue the boxes together as shown, for a tri-level effect. Glue #1 onto top box, making sure the boxes balance and the assembly remains upright. Create the Happy Birthday sign by cutting out a sign shape from orange foam and writing with gold marker. Glue sign to painted craft stick. Glue poms & baker&'s twine to sign like balloons and tie strings to stick.
5. Curve the chenille stems like grass around the tops of the lids and glue. Insert sign into chenille grass and glue. Allow to dry.
6. Position assembled animals as shown and glue onto chenille.
7. Lids should be able to be opened and gift and treats placed inside.