- Icing colors: brown, red, light copper, golden yellow, ivory, lemon yellow
- Favorite brownie mix or recipe from wilton.com
- Ready-to-use rolled white fondant (2-1/2 oz per treat)
- FoodWriters™ Neon Colors edible color markers
- Candy Melts®: white, light cocoa
- Brownie Pops 8-cavity silicone mold
- Cookie sheets
- Cooling grid
- Square Cut-Outs™
- Brush set
- Rolling pin
- Roll & cut mat
- Disposable decorating bags
1. To make candy mortarboards for graduation caps, melt white and light cocoa Candy Melts®. Position medium square Cut-Outs™ on cookie sheet. Pour melted Candy Melts® into decorating bags. Fill Cut-Outs™ 1/8" thick with melted candy mixture from decorating bags. Chill until firm.
2. Bake and cool brownies in 8-cavity silicone mold placed on top of cookie sheet. Unmold brownie pops, swipe bottoms with melted candy; let set. Repeat as needed. Cover tops with melted candy; let set.
3. Tint 2-oz white fondant with light copper icing color for heads and hands. Tint 1-oz white fondant with small amounts of golden yellow and ivory for arms and caps. Tint 1-oz white fondant with brown combined with red for arms, caps and hair. Tint 1-oz white fondant with yellow for tassels, strings and hair.
4. Create and attach fondant features and decorations as follows. See photo for reference:
Roll 1-1/8" balls for heads, 1-3/4"x1/2" logs for arms, 1/4"x1/8" ovals for ears, 1/8" balls for noses; attach to brownie pops with damp brush.
For hands, roll 1/2" balls; flatten, cut and score fingers with knife.
For diplomas, roll out white fondant 1/8" thick; cut a 1" square and roll up. Attach hands and diploma with damp brush.
For caps, roll a 3/4" ball; flatten and attach to mortarboard with damp brush.
For hair, roll out fondant 1/8" thick. Cut 1/2"x2" strips for the boys; cut 3/8" strands and attach with damp brush. Repeat for a 2nd row. Cut 1"x2" strips for the girls; cut in thin strips and attach with damp brush.
For tassels, cut 1"x1/2" strips; cut 3/8" slits for fringe. Roll up strips.
For strings, roll 1-1/4"x1/8" logs. Attach strings to caps and tassels with damp brush. For button on cap, roll a 1/4" ball; flatten and attach.
5. Draw eyes and mouth with black FoodWriter™.