hAppy™ Holidays Glass Ornaments
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- hAppy™ or hAppy+™ Smart App printer
- ZINK Design & Print Studio™ app
- 2" zRoll™
- Paisley Background Pack (optional, or use desired pattern)
- Circles Background Pack (optional, or use desired pattern)
- Color Shapes Art Pack
- Clear 1-1/2" to 2" round glass ornament
- Digital photos of choice
- Tiny hole punch (1/8")
- Silver tone ring clasps (jewelry rings)
- Silver tone small link chain of choice
- Jewelry tools: pliers, chain snip, needle nose pliers
- 1-1/2" circle punch
- Tiny needle nose tweezers
- Fake snowflakes
- Colored card stock
1. Load a 2” zRoll into your ZINK® Smart App printer and turn it on.
2. Tap New Design, size blank canvas to 2"x 2".
3. Select the background of choice (matching colors in photo). Choose a solid color background or background element. The Ella and Santa ornament shown used an element from the Paisley background pack.
4. Using the Color picker, adjust the color to just the right tone and tap approve.
5. Tap art. Scroll to the Color Shapes art pack. Tap the rounded corner oblong shape to bring it onto the canvas. Tap color and select color of choice on the color picker. Tap approve.
6. Tap to select the oblong shape. Tap resize and adjust to desired height and length. This will be the Journal space for a caption.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to create a mat behind the photo. Tilt the mat so it is just slightly angled.
8. Tap photo and select photo of choice. Resize and crop to desired size and position onto the colored mat.
9. Tap type to add a caption under the photo. Tap done. Tap typeface to select a font. Tap color and use the color picker to match the colors in the design.
10. Tap approve. Tap print to make 2 copies – one for front and one for back. Peel backing away and place the prints back-to-back and adhere together. If desired, place cardstock in between the two prints to give it more thickness. Punch or cut the ornament into a circle shape. Punch a tiny hole into the top of circle.
11. Using tools, place ring and chain onto the circle. Curl the printed circle slightly into a roll as to fit into the ornament. Using tweezers, flatten print once it is inside ornament.
12. Top off with a bit of fake snow. Add the hook and cap back onto the ornament.