Happy New Year 2014 Party Hat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars®:Fuse Creativity System®Fuse Medium Design Set &- MarquisFuse Medium Design Set &- CircleAdvantEdge Border Punch Starter SetAdvantEdge Cartridge &- Iron WorksXL Lever Punch &- StarAmplify™ Mixed Media Shears &- 8"Hand punch &- 1/16"
- Paper mache top hat form
- Paper cone
- Glitter glue
- Glitter paper
- Adhesive numbers
- 1 yard of 1/4" ribbon
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- 6" tulle
- String or fabric-coated wire
1. To create the top hat, brush on a coat of glue and sprinkle the hat with glitter until it's completely coated. Set it aside to dry. Turn it upside down and tap to shake off any loose glitter.
2. Make all trim pieces. Use the AdvantEdge Interchangeable Border Punch to create a band for the hat. Punch out several stars with the star lever punch. Use the Fuse Creativity System to cut, print, and emboss a clock face.
3. Wrap the band around the hat and attach it using a hot glue gun. Add the clock face, stars, and finish it off with a “2014" made with adhesive numbers.
4. To create the cone hat, start with a cardboard cone, and cover it with glue and glitter, just like the top hat.
5. For the pompom topper, use Amplify™ shears to cut a 4"x6" cardboard scrap and loosely wrap two yards of 6" wide tulle around it.
6. Carefully slide the tulle off of the cardboard, and tie the center with string or section of fabric-coated wire. Trim the ends of the tulle, and shape the layers of tulle into a ball.
7. Glue the tulle ball to the top of the cone with a hot glue gun. Punch two small holes opposite of each other and near the base of the hat. Run a length of ribbon through the holes. This ribbon will be used to secure the hat.
8. Trim the hat with a few stars, a clock face, and a “2014".