SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 6"x6" Burlap Stack®
- Pillow form
- Home decor fabrics:
- 3 prints, 1 solid
- Assorted buttons
- Bakers twine or 1/8"ribbon
- Medium clothespins
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Letter stencils or die-cut machine that is compatible with fabric
- Pellon® Wonder-Under® fusible web
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Iron & pressing surface
- Washi tape: optional
Refer to photo.
1. Cut 5 pennants from the Burlap Stack®. Cut 3 additional pennants from the home decor prints, 1/2" smaller than the first set of pennants.
2. Follow manufacturers instructions for Pellon® Wonder-Under® fusible web to attach the printed pennants directly to the center of 3 of the burlap pennants. Stitch around the outside of each print if desired. Embellish the top of the pennants with a scalloped burlap border.
3. Trace & cut desired letters from the solid home decor fabric. As in step 2, apply the letters to the pennants using the Pellon® Wonder-Under® fusible web. Stitch around the outside edges of the letters if desired.
4. Adhere the top of the pennants 2"-3" down from the top of the pillow, with hot glue. Embellish the top of the pennants with a strip of rickrack, adding several buttons or clothespins. Tip: To add color to the clothespins, cover the front edge with a strip of washi tape.
5. Cut a strip (21?2"-3") x length of pillow, from a home decor print. Use the Pellon® Wonder-Under® fusible web to attach this strip parallel to the banner in step 4, 11?2"-2" from the bottom of the pillow. Adhere a strip of rickrack along both of the longer sides of the strip.