Happy Summer Card
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut items:
- Personal Electronic Cutter Cartridges:
- Walk in My Garden
- Cuttlebug items:
- Die Cutter and Embosser
- Tiny Mosaic Embossing folder
- Spring Floral 3"x3" die
- Tiny Tags 2"x2" die
- Cardstock: light blue, yellow, green, purple, orange, light pink, dark pink
- Alphabet rub-ons
- Sewing needle and yellow embroidery thread
- Paper piercer
- Scotch Quick-Dry Tacky Adhesive
- Yellow buttons
- Scotch Pop-Up Foam Squares
- Trim light blue cardstock to 11"x4-1/4". Score at the center and fold in half to form 5-1/2"x4-1/4" card.
- Pierce holes along outside edge of card front with paper piercer. Hand stitch along edge with sewing needle and yellow embroidery thread.
- Using Cricut machine, Walk in My Garden cartridge and green cardstock, press Shift and cut two 2-3/4" and three 3" <stem2>. Adhere stems to card front.
- Using Walk in My Garden cartridge and purple cardstock, cut one 2" <flwrpt> to cut one flowerpot base. Press Shift and cut one 2" <flwrpt-s> to cut rim. Emboss both pieces using Cuttlebug machine and Tiny Mosaics embossing folder
- Using your Cuttlebug machine and Tiny Tags die, cut out one tag from orange cardstock. Apply sentiment to tag with rub-ons.
- Tie ribbon around flowerpot base. Thread tag through one end of ribbon and finish making a bow. Trim ribbon ends.
- Adhere flowerpot base to card front. Use pop-up foam square to hold tag in place. Adhere flowerpot rim to base using pop-up foam squares to give dimension.
- Using Cuttlebug machine and Spring Floral die, cut out two butterflies: one from light pink cardstock and one from dark pink cardstock. Cut wings off dark pink butterfly and adhere body to light pink butterfly. Adhere finished butterfly to flowerpot rim on card.
- Using Cricut machine, Doodlecharms cartridge and yellow cardstock, cut out two 1", two 1-1/4", and one 1-1/2" <sun>. Sew buttons onto suns and slightly bend rays. Adhere two suns to the card using Quick-Dry adhesive, and adhere others using foam squares.