Harvest Apples on a Stick
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
FOR ONE DOZEN APPLES:
- 12 Apples
- 1 pkg. Wilton Peanut Butter Candy Melts
- 12 Wilton 5' wood sticks
- Assorted toppings (nuts, sprinkles, mini morsels)
- 12 Cellophane party bags
- 12'x12' Scrapbook papers assortment
- Cardstock (for tags)
- Double-sided tape
- Ribbons, assortment
- Stove & double boiler or microwave & microwave-safe dish
- Waxed paper
- Hole punch
- Black Pen (or computer-printed message on tags)
DECORATIVE WRAP FOR STICK:
- Cut a strip of paper to measure 3"x5".
- Apply tape to the stick starting about 1-1/2" from the pointed end.
- Lay long edge of the paper along the stick and roll up, the roll will extend beyond the length of the stick leaving 1-1/2" of the stick unwrapped to go in the apple. Add tape to the inside at the edge of the paper to hold it closed.
- Cut three very narrow 12' strips of paper; fold in half and tape together with a narrow strip of tape. Gently curl the paper strips, as you would ribbon. Insert into the hollow end of the wrapped paper tube and press to secure.
- To make tags, cut scraps of cardstock into tag shapes, mount on scrapbook paper, and punch a hole at the rounded end. Personalize with guests' names or add your own message. If generating message by computer, cut tag shapes after the message is printed.
- Candy-coated apples:
- Wash and dry apples.
- Insert decorated sticks into apples.
- Place toppings on plates.
- Follow melting directions on the Peanut Butter Candy Melts package.
- Dip apples in melted candy, rolling to coat apple.
- Roll warm candy coated apple in topping and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Insert cooled apple into cellophane bags. Wrap with ribbon, slide on tag, tie ribbon into a bow, and serve.