SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Krylon® ColorMaster™ paint: Burgundy Satin, Catalina Mist Satin, Metallic Gold
- Protective gloves and eye wear
- Newspaper to protect work surface & for masking
- 6-ft x 9-ft drop cloth
- Steam iron and pressing surface
- Painters’ tape
- 30-40 large binder clips
- Vinyl, vinyl cutting machine or large stencils
- Large table or plywood & saw horses for a painting surface
1. Create work surface to allow drop cloth to be laid out flat & pulled taut.
2. Iron the drop cloth smooth.
3. Using the binder clips, attach the drop cloth to the surface, pulling taut and making sure there are no wrinkles.
4. Protect the work surface or overspray area with newspaper.
5. Create artwork and cut vinyl or purchase a large stencil.
6. Select a color, usually the lighter colors first. Tape off areas that won’t be painted with newspaper and painters’ tape.
7. Paint open areas.
8. Allow to dry and remove the masking.
9. Continue to mask, prime, paint and allow to dry until the tablecloth is covered in the design.
10. Allow to dry thoroughly.
11. Allow the tablecloth to cure for 72 hours, then heat set with the iron (no steam) before using or laundering.