Hat in a Flash
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Quickie
- Spicy 2 balls (A)
- or color of your choice
- Lion Brand® Vanna's Choice®
- Honey 1 ball (B)
- Lion Brand®:
- Speed Stix (size 50/25 mm)
- Pom-pom maker
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
Finished Circumference About 18” (45.5 cm), will stretch to fit a range of sizes.
3 1/2 sts = about 4” (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side).
BE SURE TO CHECK GAUGE.
1. Hat is worked in one piece, back and forth in rows, and then seamed.
2. Hat begins with a ribbed edge, then changes to Stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side).
3. Because yarn is super bulky, you can use fingers to weave in the yarn ends.
With A, cast on 17 stitches.
Row 1 (RS): Knit 2, *purl 1, knit 2; repeat from * to end of row.
Row 2: Purl 2, *knit 1, purl 2; repeat from * to end of row.
Rows 3 and 4: Repeat Rows 1 and 2.
Row 5: Knit.
Row 6: Purl.
Repeat Rows 5 and 6 for Stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side
until piece measures about 10” (25.5 cm) from beginning, end with a purl (wrong side) row as the last row you work.
Next (Decrease) Row: *Knit 1, knit 2 stitches together; repeat from * to last 2 stitches, knit last 2 stitches.
Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail. With fingers, thread yarn tail through rem 12 sts. Pull to gather and knot securely. Weave yarn tail in and out of sides of piece for the back seam.
Following package directions, with B, make a pom-pom and tie to top of Hat.
With fingers, weave in yarn ends.