Haunted Halloween Cookie House
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® Foodcrafting supplies
- Black Candy Melts® Candy (10 oz. needed)
- 15-1/4"x10-1/4" Cookie Sheet
- 9" Angled Spatula
- Pre-Assembled Halloween Cookie House Kit (cookie house, decorating bags, tips, ready-to-use black icing, ready-to-use purple icing, mini purple/orange/black candies used)
- Meringue Powder
- Royal Icing (recipe available at wilton.com)
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- Icing Colors--Orange and Golden Yellow
- Halloween Mega Sprinkles Set (nonpareils used)
- Halloween Skulls and Bones Sprinkles (bones sprinkles used)
- Prepare Royal Icing. Divide icing and tint 1/4 cup orange and 1/4 cup yellow; reserve remaining white.
- Decorate windows. Attach bone sprinkles to front of house using white icing. Stripe decorating bag with white, orange and yellow icing. Cut a small hole in bag, outline and fill in windows. Use spatula to smooth icing and marbleize colors. Use black icing included in kit to outline windows, one at a time. Attach jimmies sprinkles with the tweezers. Use black icing to outline house seams and pipe “x’s” on seams.
- Decorate door. Use black icing included in kit and a round tip to outline and fill in door; smooth with spatula. Use toothpick to mark icing with wood grain pattern. Attach mini orange candy for doorknob.
- Make candy roof shingles. Melt black Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Pour into cookie sheet. Tap pan to smooth candy and remove air bubbles. Chill 30-45 minutes. Mark short lines on candy with tip of spatula. Break into shards 2" long. Set aside.
- Decorate roof. Begin at the bottom edge of one side of roof; attach candy pieces with remaining black icing. Overlap pieces and move upwards. Repeat for second side of roof. Attach shards to roof peak.
- Decorate bottom of house. Use purple icing included in kit to attach mini candies included in kit to bottom of house.